The course aims to introduce open source software concept to students. Students will study and learn to setup open source account, OSS license, understand Project structure and enhance open source projects. It will develop skill to make a significant contribution to open source community.
Introduction and overview of GitHub account, command to manage open source project and to handle version control. Programming using mix of client side, server and database technologies, implementation using client side– Java script, Python; Server Side technologies- PHP, JSP and database servers- SQL, MongoDb. Develop J2EE programs using JDBC connections and Apache/ Glassfish servers. Comprehend and re-engineer open source projects and resolve issues.
On successful completion of this course, the students should be able to:
- Set up GitHub Account, Use git commands to manage files and support version control.
- Apply a mix of Client, Server and Database technologies to solve Open Source Software issues/ to enhance projects.
- Develop Server side programs using python with Database Servers- SQL, MongoDb.
- Develop Server side programs using PHP with Database Server-SQL and Apache/Tomcat as web Servers.
- Develop J2EE Programs using JDBC Connectivity with SQL Database and Apache/ Glassfish as web servers.
- Contribute to open source community GitHub by providing enhanced versions.